lundi 22 décembre 2008

He Has Faith in Love, so Do I…


Sometimes I feel mad about translation; words and meanings may make us fall in the trap of blunder, or in the trap of an endless game, sweet game of languages. Aziz stands for “Treasured”; Iman stands for “Faith”, and believe it or not, our faith in love is treasured, our belief is precious; Gays or straights, we should keep our faith in the noblest feeling ever, and we should wish the better, wish love to everyone on earth: straight or gay.

In languages I speak, and from one tongue to another I travel, and attempt to recover a voice they have stolen; I attempt to say that I am here, somewhere in this country, somewhere in this world. They have always concealed my existence; they say that I am falsehood; they made out of me, out of us a myth, a fair story, but I am no nymph and no mermaid: I am human as much as they are; we are humans as much as they are, and we do exist, we do subsist. I touch myself, and feel the warmness of my flesh, I am alive and I do exist. I feel the blood running in my veins, and sense the throbs of my heart; I breathe, I think and I write and I recover my voice and I shout: Homosexuality does exist; we do exist, and we do dream of better days, and we do believe in love, and we do hope for discrimination and hatred to stop forever.

Our faith is treasured and dear and they can persecute us with laws and religions, with norms and teachings, yet they can never steal the faith we keep inside; they can never cut short or kill feelings. Love exists; love survives the ills and oppression; love is righteous, an everlasting flame that lives to tell the tale: our tale, the tale of those who are as human as others are, yet different; their love is different, and in difference, cultures thrive. I dream of an homosexuality that blurs borders, that fears no laws and no norms, that goes beyond the sexual to reach the cultural; I dream of an enlightening homosexuality that shows our imperfections and inspires our qualities. I dream of a homosexuality that fears no fear; that speaks the unspoken, that tells the untold, that writes to criticize, that writes to dig deeper and deeper in the wounds of Tunisia.

Tunisia, my home and my refuge; and in my home and my refuge, they silence me, and push me brutally towards obscurity. Love is light and in our light, we will write and speak, and say it loud in a thunderous voice: We do exist in Tunisia; we do exist in this land, our land: We are no foreigners, and we are tired of living like the exiled in our home; we have a lot to give; we gave a lot; and we have some rights to take. We are no criminals and no fugitives and we have the right to come to light, and we have the right to love: Love is no crime.

Homosexuality, a culture that has a lot to tell; we have a history; we have a past; we have an identity among the many identities; and we need to raise a voice. For those who are discovering this world of ours, their world, for those youngsters who are searching an answer and a guide; for those young homosexuals whom I meet constantly, for those youth who live with question marks and fall in the many traps of our society, we need to speak and ask questions, and attempt to answer. For those and for us, truth needs to come bare for I want to be no myth, no taboo, for I want my community to overcome oppression and discrimination, and have faith in love and have the right to love: Love is no crime.


D’une langue à une autre langue, je retrouve ma langue


Merci mon cher ami; c’est grâce à tes blogs que j’ai retrouvé une voix qu’on m’a volé ; merci pour ton encouragement et tout ce que tu fais pour cette communauté qui se perd dans le labyrinthe des clichés, dans la confusion instaurée par une société qui nie notre existence : Ce n’est pas en cachant la vérité qu’on gagne un combat car la vérité triomphe toujours ; laissons la triompher joliment, et parlons de l’homosexualité. En Tunisie, notre communauté est presque imaginaire : il n’y a aucun lien, aucune solidarité, aucune conscience de notre identité. Et chaque jour, on entend des mensonges et chaque jour on voit des désastres : Un homo perdu qui absorbe les jugements et les clichés d’une société qui ne le reconnaît pas ; un homo qui adopte ces clichés et ces errements, simplement parce que personne n’en parle, parce que personne n’essaye de poser les questions, et de rechercher les réponses.

On se perd et on s’égare, et tellement on se sent rejeté, on accepte tout ce que les autres racontent et on se tolère l’erreur et on se permet le moral et l’immoral. Les homosexuels dont je parle ne sont pas simplement des homosexuels ; ils sont des Tunisiens autant que leurs concitoyens et ils ont droit à leur liberté dans un pays conçu pour être libre, ouvert, et tolérant. Notre chemin est long ; un seul pas stimule un autre pas ; une seule voix incite une autre voix ; et petit à petit, pas à pas, on fera le chemin et on arrivera.

Mon homosexualité parle ; elle n’a pas peur de la peur ; elle traverse les barrières et les frontières ; elle fait l’amour avec l’interdit et le tabou ; elle adore critiquer et être critiquée ; elle ne connaît pas de limites et elle ne s’arrête jamais. Mon homosexualité est une culture, une histoire, une voyeuse qui chasse et traque tout ce qu’elle voit autour, dans les petites ruelles de Tunis, dans les petits coins obscures de la ville ; elle se balade et elle rapporte tout ce qu’elle voit et tout ce qu’elle entend. Mon homosexualité est amoureuse de la vérité, et la vérité peut sembler moche et peut sembler belle, mais la vérité reste toujours une vérité. Mon homosexualité me critique, nous critique, et se critique ; mon homosexualité semble grossière parfois parce qu’elle a toujours vécu dans l’obscénité et la grossièreté de sa société Tunisienne. Mon homosexualité est parfois romantique, et très noble parce qu’elle croit en amour, et se bat pour la tolérance et la liberté. Mon homosexualité n’a jamais été « simplement sexuelle » ; elle m’envahit et me hante : une vie, une culture, une différence et la différence fait la richesse.

Merci Aziz http://gb3t.wordpress.com/.

-Faithinlove-

Aucun commentaire: