lundi 22 décembre 2008

97% vs. 3%, Lies vs. Defiance


Most of those who come to read my notes think I am a kind of a libertine girl who attempts to make them tolerate the intolerable, profane the sacred, and allow the impermissible. I have never aimed at one of these; all I have been doing was just speaking in my name about my life and my reality. This space is for me, just for me; and those who dislike what I write and what I reveal can click to close the window in a second; after all, they have closed all spaces to make me suffocate; I will not mind if they close a window… Like a little bird, imprisoned in a cage, I have learned to steal a resemblance of liberty from between the bars; I survive through my dreams and my hope in better days; I survive in confinement but I set the power and the faith in me free. They can detain me, but, alas, they can never imprison my soul and heart; I am here to suffer, and I am here to love; love is impossible to take hold of or have power over.

Frequent statistics show that homosexuals make up only about 3% of the whole population in each country. If the whole homosexual community makes but 3%, why do they fear us to such an extent? If we make 3% together, gays and lesbians, then the average of lesbians does not exceed 1.5%; am I such rare, am I such singular? Yes, I am rare, exceptional and singular, and yes about 97% of my fellow compatriots want to obliterate the existence of me claiming that I may deteriorate their pre-established order and transform scarcity into abundance. Never! I am not here to convert them heterosexuals; I am rare and I love being rare, unique and exceptional. I want none to enter my world and I want to enter the world of none; each of us cannot take the place of the other; none can feel at ease in the shoes of the other; I am not setting a border between us; and if there should be a border, I would call it “Respect”.

Tonight I called a friend; he told me to take care; it seems that my friend fears what the 97% of compatriots might do to make me shut up and fade away in the crowd. I have the stubbornness of a child. I was taught to circumvent fire for fire burn the skin; I was taught to avoid blades, for blades may wound my hands; I was taught to avoid incidents, but, I have always sought incidents. I have never been remorseful as I live in, by and through dangers and menaces. My stubbornness is my best friend; she has always been faithful to me as she has never let me down to fall in the grips of conformism and commonality; my stubbornness is the fuel that stirs my life to fill it with incidents, surprises and liveliness.

I will never let me down; I will always stand in the face of oppression; if they think, they are great for they are copious and profuse, I think I am the greatest for I am distinctive and defiant. I will never let me down; I will never let my difference down; I can melt in the crowd and dupe them the 97%, but, I will never do so; even if they love being duped, I will never do so. I will never help liars lie about me; I will never let cowards who fear my existence take pleasure in their cowardice. I will always be here and there to remind the forgetful, the neglectful, the liars and the cowards that I do exist, and that the 3% of us, homosexuals, are part of them whether we melt in the crowd or not.

-Faithinlove-

3 commentaires:

BILLY a dit…

ton obstination c'est ta force et le carburant avec lequel tu avance dans la vie ma chère et je te respecte trop parcque té l'une des rares personnes que je conné ki ont des principes dans la vie et qui sont près à mourir pour ce qu'ils sont
"take care" :)

Faithinlove a dit…

carburant? ce mot me rapelle quelq'un! lol

BILLY a dit…

BLINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!