lundi 22 décembre 2008

The Enigma of Lesbos

The Battle of Lesbos against the Army of Ants

We human beings we think that we are the greatest in a world where billions of us subsist; we think that we are the best, the only; we walk in the crowded paths of life; we judge others, their deeds and their speeches and play the role of the just and perfect. We human beings we always shut our eyes to our imperfections and flaws; everyone of us thinks that he is an emperor, a leader, a thinker; everyone of us exhibits the best in him and hides the worst in the deepest bottoms of secrecy. We human beings we put in the picture paradoxes and believe in the same lies we tell to others; we seek arguments even when reason betrays us; we compare the incomparable; we deny the very genuine reality; we let down friendship; we forget; we leave; we hurt; we kill; we steal and still we think we are the best.

One in billions; every one of us is but a tiny persona among billions; no one of us is that significant or indispensable, yet every one of us thinks that the earth would stand still if he leaves the stage. Every tiny worthless being of us believes that he is rightness and allows himself to chastise any difference; I am waiting for the day people will wake up from their nightmarish dream of superiority and supremacy. Thousands died in the Tsunami of Asia, thousands were killed in the wars of Iraq, Palestine, Bosnia, Afghanistan; thousands lost lives in hurricanes and earthquakes; nothing changed; life is going on as if the world is telling us that we are insignificant, worthless in our dream of supremacy. Something would change for sure if all of us would disappear; our force is not in our individuality or individual feeling of supremacy; our power resides in our unity and close association, our force is but our belief in humanity.

I climb the Mount Humanity and I stand at the summit to see my foes at the foot of the mountain, so little as they are, so miniscule; I hear their screams, and their barks. Their anger and fury are boiling in their blood; I look from the top; I see but scattered spots moving like ants in the furthest underneath. They have brought all their weapons with them; armies composed of thousands and thousands of ants scolding my name and my being, damning the day I was born; I stand and gaze at them in their smallness, insignificant spots, miniscule ants as they are. For a while, I think to myself that it is so stupid to rally all these armies to fight the single me; then, I change my mind and say to myself I must be so great to make them come in such huge numbers to force my defeat and withdrawal. Being on the top of the Mount Humanity does not render me blind to my reality; I know that I am miniscule like them, a spot, an ant on the top of a mountain; I realise that I am but one among billions, worthless in my individuality.

I sit on a rock cold as the air covering my face; I listen in my silence to their roars and growls. Their rage and their calls to war have transformed me into an Enigma in the land of Lesbos; they have created with antagonism and antipathy a myth, a legend. I stand again and I gaze; they have begun their march upward the mountain; I laugh at them as they stumble and fall; I have no fear of them; I have feared nothing in the course of my life. I know that the battle would be so ridiculous as the whole host is launching a warfare against the sole me. My only weapons are my humanity, my belief in humanity, my faith in love, my conviction that justice will always triumph. All those who blind themselves to reality and differences will remain but ants at the foot of the highest Mountain, the Mount Humanity; they will always try to climb and move upwards, yet, they always stumble and fall down. All those who believe that they are the only to think and exist on this earth, and all those who believe that they are the best and the brightest will always stagger, shudder and go down. Empires fell; civilisations vanished; religions were smashed to smithereens, sects, doctrines, divisions; ideologies failed; only humanity will triumph.

-Faithinlove-

Aucun commentaire: