lundi 22 décembre 2008

Aphrodite Writes to Aphrodite

She sits in loneliness thinking of you the whole night
She writes love letters that are never meant to be sent
Feelings make her dream but feelings sometimes bite
She knows she lost the game but love does not repent

She sits in loneliness n’ knows loneliness will remain
Nights will never end up; in nights, you come so clear
She recalls the past, alas, times of yore cause her pain
She dreams of affection, and visions sometimes blear

She loves her syrupy blues her love to you
Blues are sweeter than happiness sometimes
Blues will ever be what she confers to you
You left her but blues and tears, and rhymes

-Faithinlove-

I have been waiting centuries before your door; I do not recall how many centuries I spent in this very place and I do not know how many more centuries I will spend here, waiting, and waiting and waiting. I have heard of all the Kingdoms that rose and fell; I have known humans from the era of savagery to the current era of androids whilst waiting at your door and expecting you to open the way. Trillions of suns rose and set down but I have never moved away; I have been waiting for you to open the door and let me in.

Would you please open the door?

I have seen so many rainbows; I have always loved the rainbow for its colours remind me of you; I have witnessed the birth of so many stars and the death of so many others and I am still waiting for you to open the door and let me in. I have drawn your picture thousands of times on this dusty floor and I have seen the wind erasing all my paintings to my pain and sorrow; I have written so many poems on the walls of your home and I have seen the rain washing all my words to my frustration and disappointment. I have sent you so many letters and I have seen all the mail carriers returning them to me; I have loved you so many centuries; I will always love you.

So, would you please open the door?

I have known so many humans, some are wise, some are foolish, some are poor, some are rich, some are simple, some are complex, some are funny, and some are boring. None has ever understood my craving in the midst of nowhere waiting for you; all of them think I should move away, forget and let down. They do not know that you are my only faith and that I do not want to loose faith for my life will not have meaning without. If I do not wait for you to open the door and let me in, for whom I would wait?

So, would please come and open the door?

Love makes of us immortals; love has made of you an immortal in my heart and I am still waiting as I live by my mere expectations. My wounds will never heal; I have had these wounds for centuries and centuries, wounds of nostalgia, wounds of anguish, wounds of love and wounds of passion. My wounds are eternal; they never seem to heal; my pain is eternal; none can kiss it away as I am waiting here for you to come and open the door. My tears will never drain; they are flowing and flowing and flowing; my tears made up seas; they made up oceans and I fear we will both drown in tears for tears are immortals like we are. My desires are fires, eternal fires; I send them away and they create volcanoes, terrible volcanoes that erupt and burn all the living and all the dead. All the mountains that you see from your window are but eternal frustrated desires that stand to remind me that I desire but you.

So, would you please open the door and let me in?

I cannot bear the cold outside anymore; I am shivering with every breeze that comes to touch my centenary body. I cannot bear the sun anymore; the sun has burned the remainder of my skin; the sun is eternal as you and me; she will never have mercy. I cannot bear the flames you ignited centuries ago to confine me to this place and make me wait at your door; the flames you ignited will never calm down; they will burn me the eternity as I am waiting and waiting and waiting. Centuries have gone; kingdoms have gone; mountains have risen; oceans have appeared; many have come; and many have gone and I am still waiting. I do not recall how many centuries I spent in this very place and I do not know how many more centuries I will spend here, waiting, and waiting and waiting.

So would you please open you heart and let me in?

-Faithinlove-

Aucun commentaire: